Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills (QLD)
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program aims to support eligible Queenslanders with completing their first Certificate III-level qualification and expand their skill set, so they can move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
What is the Higher Level Skills Program?
The Higher Level Skills Program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to study a Certificate IV or higher qualification with an approved training provider.
Foundation Education is a pre-qualified supplier, which means that we can offer access to a Queensland Government subsidised place in one of the qualifications below - reducing the course costs for students.
Courses subsidised by the Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills Program
If you are already working within the industry, you may be eligible for lower industry-specific student co-contribution fees. You will be assessed by a Foundation Education representative to determine your eligibility. Please contact us to learn more about this industry pricing.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to enrol under the Certificate 3 Guarantee or Higher Level Skills Program you must:
- be aged 15 years old or over and no longer at school
- be living in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not already hold or be currently enrolled in a qualification at the same level or higher than your chosen course. Any qualifications completed whilst at school are not counted towards this requirement.
Students are entitled to one Government subsidised training place under the Certificate III Guarantee. As you will not be eligible for another place once you complete your study, it is important for you to choose the right course, so you can take full advantage of this opportunity.
The following students are entitled to concessions:
- students who hold a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- students with a disability
Please contact our Careers team for more information.